Monday, October 22, 2007

Why My Kids Go To Preschool

The girls went to school today and I did what has become my Monday ritual...HOUSEWORK! I have three and a half hours on Mondays to work my magic. That's the only day they both go to school. When Cary brought the girls home at 12:30ish, the house was clean, I was clean, make up on, all dressed, my menu and grocery list for the week was all planned out, and a hot cooked meal was on the table! It felt so good to feel "on top of things" rather than drowning and defeated under a pile of laundry and dirty dishes, which is what I feel like the other 6 days of the week. And that, my friends, is why I send my kids to school! Glory hallelujah! Thank God for preschool! Today is when I realized because of the euphoric feeling I got from my clean house and being on the ball with the household caretakings, that sending my kids to school is just as much for me as it is for them. I'm a happier wife and mom because I have that one day a week, just 3 and a half hours, to accomplish what I can't accomplish in a whole week! And the result...a whole afternoon of bliss...lovin on my girls and taking care of my husband. I have more to give because the time spent this morning fed my soul and satisfied my needs! It sounds so cheesy but YES a clean house and being on the ball and organized is as good to me as a full belly or a restful vacation! It makes me plum giddy! And here's the best part of it all...my kids...they LOVE school! It was a rough start the first few weeks, but both girls are so excited about school now. Lexi asks me every night, "Can I go to school tomorrow? I love school Mommy." She LOVES her teacher. Her teacher has noticed how she has just blossomed so quickly since the first week of school. And so have we. She has become so much more independent and social even at other places. And Ashton, sweet Ashton. She's been perfect 3 weeks in a row and she just so happily walks into her classroom now and never looks back. They both do! This morning I told them it was time to get in the tub and get ready for school and they both squealed for joy and ran to the tub! I was like, "Who are you and what have you done with my children?" But happy nonetheless!

I have so many friends here who homeschool and I honestly don't know how they do it. Maybe they're just all superheros who can "do it all" or maybe my priorities are not their priorities or vice versa. Whatever the case, I know they feel called by God to educate their chilren at home and to each his own, but I'm pretty sure God's saying to me, "HEATHER, SEND YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL!" I'm happy that they're happy in school, and I'm really happy that organization and cleanliness returns to my house each Monday morning (if only for a few hours!)

6 comments:

AdventurerMom said...

i don't goes to preschool yet...but i suppose i might when i'm biggerfied, specially if it'll make mom happyfied and the house cleanish (actually don't care about cleanishness...just the happy-fying.)

Stephanie said...

If you lived here I would say I'll watch your kids for a whole day if you'll come make my house all happy clean! It's never-ending, especially since I work and am 28 weeks pregnant. So I'll live vicariously through you and your clean house!

Anonymous said...

Amen, Stephanie. I am happy for you, though! It makes me happy to hear that you are happy!

Love! Rhonda

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

I love that my two oldest ones go to school. It's not that I like them being away, it's just I need time to myself to clean house. I am a much happier person when my house looks good and I can get things done.

The little ones are still home with me but I ended up lucky with them because they can entertain themselves pretty well and I can still get things accomplished.

I don't know how people can homeschool. They're stronger than I am for sure! Thank God I live where they have an awesome education program!

Mel :-) said...

That is so great, you inspire me!! That makes me want to get up and clean...well almost! ;-)

mom2iande said...

i love a clean house, too!

i think most choose homeschool if they do not want public and do not want to pay for private. they become the educators...i will leave the educating to the educators. i will do the nursing as a nurse. it is a decision each family has to make. i am seeing more homeschool it does seem lately.

if you lived here, we could have you homeschool all your friends kids while we go out and shop or something. hee hee.

i love seeing my kids play with other children and enjoy those friendships. like you, i see our kids play with the kids at preschool 2 days a week and like it!