Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Gospel According to Lexi

The Aggie Gospel first...

Tonight for some random reason and I don't know how exactly we got on this subject, but we were explaining to Lexi what it means to be in God's house. You probably already know where I'm going with this one. We told her that we live in God's house (b/c the church owns our house) and that the church is also God's house. And she said, "God has lots of houses cause where the Aggies play, mommy, that's God's house too." And all God's people said, "Amen"!

*****************************************************

Yesterday, Lexi caught a glimpse of my rear end as I was headed to the shower. She said, "Mommy, you have a big bottom." And I explained to her that yes, Mommy eats too many foods that are bad for my body and I drink too much coke and that's how my bottom got to be so big. And I used the opportunity to explain that this is the reason mommy doesn't let her have junk food and coke. This morning as I was pouring my ritualistic glass of breakfast coke, she said, "STOP MOMMY, YOU'RE BUTT'S GROWING!!!!!"

And that, my friends, is the gospel according to my 4 yr old!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Don't you JUST LOVE them??? Lexi is wise beyond her years....not every day but maybe every other day I have Starbucks. Girl don't even tell me about my drink 'cause I DON'T want to know!! I will just drink my white chocolate mocha and be as happy as a clam. :)

AdventurerMom said...

too funny! mom knows better than to try to pull that over on me, i would so tell her that too...once i can talks of course.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! We teach them to tell the truth and they do, don't they?

mom2iande said...

don't you just love that one? preschoolers are funny kids!

Mel :-) said...

Kiddos are so funny!!! :-D