Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend Ramblings

I wish I had something really exciting to write about tonight, but I don't. So here are all the tidbits of info about our weekend.

I can't stop hugging and kissing on my 9 yr old dalmatian, Candice. She's extra squeezable lately. I don't know why. I think it was spurred by a conversation I had the other day with a girl about her dog that died recently and was cremated and she had his box of ashes in her kitchen. I thought that to be a bit bizarre. But it made me think about what I will do on the dreadful day that I have to part with my beloved Candice. She will be 10 years old in a few weeks. She's in excellent health and I think (and hope) she still has at least 4 more good years on her. I pray!!!! Actually I do have faith that she will live to be the world's oldest dog. I'm sure of it.

Speaking of squeezable, Ashton brought me her sippy cup of milk tonight and crawled up in my lap and said, "BABY". I got the hint. She wanted to lay in my lap and pretend to be a baby while I held her sippy at her mouth for her to drink. Oh, that girl is cutielicious!

And do you know what the children's pastor and his wife did today??? (That would be US...me and Cary) We went to CiCi's for lunch after church and you know how they say, "No doggie bags"? Well, they don't say anything about wrapping up pizza in napkins and hiding it in the mama jama diaper bag do they??? Oh yes I did! Listen, CiCi's in Florida is NOT $3.99 like it is in Texas. It's more expensive here. It cost us $18 bucks for PIZZA! For pizza! So I wanted to make sure and get my $18 worth. We had about 5 pieces left on our plates and we were full. Long story. So I wrapped them up in my napkin and brought them home for dinner. I felt all sneaky and everything. Like a ciminal. Just call me the pizza bandit.

Cary and I had a fight this weekend. We never fight. I guess I shouldn't call it a fight. That sounds too physical. We had "words". We're funny. We haven't had "words" in like, I don't know, a year? We really never argue. But this weekend, I was especially on edge, because you know, the Aggies were playing. Football does that to me. And we even won! (Imagine what it's like when the Aggies get outscored!) But I had just mopped the floors and I've asked him a gazillion times to PLEASE take off his shoes when he comes in the house. I would never ask a guest to do so, but for those of us who live here, it's just a must. We don't have carpet so there is nowhere for the dirt to hide. And the tile is WHITE! (I didn't pick it.) So it shows EVERYTHING. Anyways, I had just mopped and he kept walking around in his shoes. Like ALL DAY. I thought my head was going to explode with anger. And then the volcano blew y'all. It did! I knew it was going to happen. I can only hold it in so long. So we had "words" about wearing shoes in the house. Again. For the umpteenth time. And today...the house is shoe-free. For now!

Oh and the most exciting part of our weekend (besides the Aggie victory) was this evening when a police officer rang our doorbell, AFTER DARK. That's not what you want to see outside of your peephole. Anyways, turns out the wicked, evil woman down the street (oops did I say that?) had her bike stolen last night. Now I am truly a person who likes EVERYONE, but this lady is MEAN. Cruel-does not do her justice. She rides her bike everywhere and when we see her on the town we sing that witch on the bike song from the Wizard of Oz. Do you know the one I'm talking about? So the police came to question us! Us!!!! The children's pastor and his sweet innocent wife. I thought that was peculiar. Is that a common practice for bike theft? Questioning the neighbors? Anyways, Cary wants to get the lady a new bike. Isn't he nice? It's her only form of transportation. So he's going to ask around at church tomorrow and see if he can get her a bike. What a guy! (Confession-I was like "Serves her right!")

And that's our weekend in a nutshell.

1 comment:

mom2iande said...

i love the comparison to the wizard of oz....i know exactly the witch on the bike you are talking aobut. made me grin as i was reading the post. awww.....cary doing the right thing....makes up for the shoes in the house :o)-