Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Headed to Gator Country...HISS...

So I'm headed up to Gainsville tomorrow, home of the University of Florida. Hiss. (Aggies don't boo, we hiss-which is actually Biblical I just learned last week while preparing my Sunday School lesson...teehee!) I'm SUCH a college football fan, that even though I have no emotional ties to the school, it's still sort of exciting to me. I just love college towns! Although need I say I will NOT be purchasing a blue and organge anything, nor will I let my children see my excitement b/c I would never want them to think it's okay to have affections for any other school other than my beloved Texas A&M!

We're going to Gainsville to see Destiny, the little girl in my Sunday School class that had a liver transplant last week. She's doing great by the way! I'm not sure she's out of ICU yet, so we may only get to see the family. But still, it's the thought. And we're delivering a box of goodies from church members to the family.

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? I wish I could say I'll be watching my Ags on Saturday, but it's not televised and I won't even be able to listen online. I'm the wedding coordinator at our church and I have a wedding on Saturday that starts at, you guessed it, game time! TRAGIC!

3 comments:

Mel :-) said...

Have fun on your road trip! College towns are SO fun, though as we both know- College Station is still the best! ;-)
Glad to hear Destiny is doing so well! :-)

mom2iande said...

wedding coordinator? aaahhhh....your many roles as the children's pastor's wife.

Stephanie said...

So how is Destinee? It's heartbreaking to see children suffer. Hey, I won't get to listen to the game either, we're taking the kids to the Oil Ranch, have you ever been? Our KG students go every year.