Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Decision Made

Well, we made our decision yesterday evening. Thank you for all of your input!

Drumroll please.....





We decided to....





FLY! However, the Lord had other plans apparently because in the one hour's time of getting my mom's credit card number and my internet going haywire and not letting me log back on, the fares went up over $100/person. So it was going to cost around $1600 for the four of us. And my mom was totally willing to pay it, and happy to do so, mainly because who would want their babies on the road for over 20 hours on a holiday week??? But I just couldn't let her spend that much money on plane tickets. Not to mention probably another $200 for kenneling the dog! I know she didn't mind, but I just couldn't do it.



SO...



She offered to rent us a car, actually a minivan! Never thought I'd be so excited to drive a minivan! We're just not sure it's safe to take my car. It's a nice car, don't get me wrong. A 2002 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Still in great shape appearance wise. I LOVE my car. Except that it has 122,000 miles on it now (I thought it was 140k but I looked this morning and it's 122k) it's not a spring chicken if you know what I mean. It's well seasoned! But I don't think it's meant for long trips these days. Even this morning on the highway it was acting funny and I couldn't drive over 60 mph without it vibrating us crazy! Fabulous! Another repair.



And as for the DVD player, mom said she'd buy us a new one for the trip. We've already gone through 2 or 3 I think. They just don't last long, or maybe we're just really hard on them.

So there, I guess it's settled.



We're driving! In a minivan!


AND MY DOG CAN COME WITH ME!!!!!! (That gives me warm fuzzies...tee ith toe booteeeful! That's our little language I speak to her while she licks my face!!!)



Can someone send me some earplugs and a sedative (or a dozen) for the trip? Did I mention it's over 1000 miles, over 20 hours, with two toddlers, in holiday traffic???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I will help you however I can with your requests. :)

Anonymous said...

Oops- that was me- Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Just stock up on new movies. :) We went to Pearland this weekend and Sarah cried like the whole way home. I swear I am never going back. (I am sure I will forget by Christmas though.)
Rach

Mel :-) said...

Glad you got it figured out! It will all work out fine!! We love road trips! :-)

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Well, I wish you the best of luck. Driving...I don't envy you I'll tell you that. However, I'm not one that really can be talking right now because we will be making the long, cold drive to Chicago for Christmas...with 4 kids, well 5 if you include my husband!

I wish I could afford to fly all of us there, but I can't so we'll be "on the road again"

Anonymous said...

you will love it....dvd player, extra seat in the back. when we drive to SC, our kids do great and i love those road trips with our family.