Thursday, October 25, 2007

Brrrr...break out the ski jackets kids! It's COLD!

Thank you Granny for the box of Fall clothes and shoes you sent for the girls yesterday! It's a good thing you sent them too because I think we're going to need the LONG SLEEVES today! Time to put those flip flops in the back of the closet. WOWsers! It's a blustery 68 today with a high only expected to reach 78! Gonna have to find our scarves and gloves! And it's raining, which makes it feel downright like....well...68 degrees!

Okay so I'm kind of kidding. Tomorrow will be back up to 85. But at least for one day we can believe that it really is FALL! And in Florida, 68 is like shivery! This morning the girls were playing dress up. In their swimsuits. Because that's what we do in Florida. Some girls dress up in princess dresses, we dress up in swimsuits! But when Lexi walked outside with Daddy to take Candice out this morning she said, "Wait a minute Daddy while I go get my jacket!"

Both girls were in desperate need of some clothes that fit. Apparently they both grew at an astronomical rate this summer. So I went shopping a few weeks ago and I was blown away at the clothing items for sale in these Florida malls! LONG SLEEVES! CORDUROY! VELOUR! TURTLE NECKS! I was like, seriously people, it's 98 outside today, why would I buy this? I was hard pressed to find skirts or capris with short sleeved shirts. Because even in January it was 85. It just doesn't get cold here. I went to Gymboree, Baby Gap, Dillards, Macy's. You name it. I came away with a small handful of items. It blows my mind that the clothing industry doesn't have separate clothing lines for different parts of the country. Because we have two seasons here...hot and hotter!

I'm not complaining about the weather. It actually suits me just fine. I like about 2 weeks of cold weather, then I'm ready for the warm sunshine. And that's about what we get. Even in Dallas, I would wear my flip flops when it was 32 outside. I'm a warm weather kind of girl! And I don't know if it's because of the climate or what, but neither of the girls or myself have had any sort of illness since March! Lexi's asthma definitely agrees with this warmer climate for sure! I think their last visit to the pediatrician was in February. So Florida definitely agrees with our biology.

Now if only they had a Wings N More or a Double Daves.

4 comments:

Mel :-) said...

YAY! So glad you got some cool fall weather, even if it only lasts a day!!! :-)

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

yeah, but I would get sick of the same old clothes. There's a point at the end of every season where I can't wait to change the style of the boys clothes.

However, it would be cool to be in a place you can get a tan all year long. And the beach, being close to a beach would be cool too.

Jess Marie said...

Last Christmas Eve we spent the day out at Typhoon Lagoon in our Bathing suits. So don't put your flip-flops away too soon! And good luck trying to find the right season clothes. It's NOT going to happen! :) It's always been a frustration to me.

AdventurerMom said...

heres in houston areas, it is currently 39, so mom won't let me outside...
maybe near lunchish when it gets up around 60 or so...