Friday, October 5, 2007

Our Day at Universal and My Weekend Picks

If you read the post below about my day at Disney yesterday, you're probably thinking, "Huh, wha...you said you weren't going to Universal today." We decided to go ahead and do Universal for a half day (2:00-7:00) and Cary convinced me we could do it without spending a dime. Someone at church had already given us 3 tickets, and we took tons of drinks and snack foods. So we made it happen and it was fun. It rained all day! But it was fun. Universal is not so much for toddlers. But the big hits with my kids were the Barney show, with Barney, Baby Bop, and BJ and the Dr. Suess section. They were able to ride 4 rides there and Lexi was able to ride a river rapid ride with Daddy. She LOVED it! So all in all, a good day. But my dogs are barkin y'all! Two days of walkin!

Okay, and now for the PURE GENIUS, also referred to as MY WEEKEND PICS! I'm not going all out on this one, just a few...well, mainly because I'm so tired I can hardly hold my head up. So, here we go!

1. The game of the weekend (in my opinion)...The annual Red River Shootout at the Texas State Fair: Oklahoma vs. Texas...I think the okies will win this one. Last week's loss for them was a fluke. They're good. Texas stinks. And the really stinky thing is that I don't think ABC is going to show this game in FL. Can you believe it? This is a HUGE rivalry game. But I think the Florida State vs ??? game will be shown instead. Good thing we just purchased the extra sports package today on Direct TV. Maybe it will be on one of those extra channels. Can't stand either team, but this is just a good ol' fashion college football at its finest type of game. And I just want to catch a glimpse of BIG TEX at the state fair. I need a taste of home.

2. Okie State at Texas A&M: Of course I'm picking the Aggies, but I'm scared. Real scared. This could be a loss for us and it could easily be an overtime, nail biter game. I'll be watchin! And the winner of this game will be in 1st place in the Big 12 South. My mom said there is a storm off the gulf coming in tomorrow that is supposed to dump a ton of rain over the area. So weather could be a factor. The crowd tends to be less intimidating when they're all huddled under their rain gear. And the playing tends to be a little sloppy. We'll see what happens.

3. Notre Dame at UCLA: Could the Irish be 0-6 after this game for the first time in school history. Very likely. I think the Bruins win this one. What's a bruin anyways? Anyone???

4. Florida at LSU: golly gee. I just don't know what to say Jess. I totally have no emotional tie to either team. But I know SO many gator fans. And I want my friends to be happy, which they weren't last weekend. But this is a TOUGH PICK. Both teams are excellent, national championship caliber teams. Well coached. But I think LSU could win this one for one reason only...home field advantage. Who knows!

And that's it. That's all I got this week! I'm going to bed!!! I have a long hard day of college football watchin' ahead of me tomorrow. And some good food on the grill. Mmmmm. Can't wait!

3 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

I'm glad you all got to hit Universal. Sounds like you all ended up having a pretty good day.

As for OU vs. Texas. Things are CRAZY here in Oklahoma City. Yes, I have to live with it all. The traffic driving down to Dallas I heard was awful! I too think OU will pull it off and I'd rather OU win because I don't want to have to deal with crying from all these damn sooner fans. Plus, I just love seeing Texas lose to anyone.

mom2iande said...

We have wanted to go to Universal and have wondered the same thing...is it too old for toddlers? we knew about the barney and dr seuss....so we have wondered. plus, we got those ticket vouchers in from the father's day docker/penneys you told us about. so we might put them to use. if we cannot use them, we are going to send them to you!

AdventurerMom said...

i'm always at a loss...to root for the okies or the longhorns...i'm happy if either loses! but then someone wins...
hmm...