Monday, October 15, 2007

Costumes

I'm on the hunt for some cute costume ideas for my girls. Oct 31 will be here before we know it! I've never been one to be really excited over store bought costumes. Because who wants to have on the same costume that everyone else has? HOWEVER...I'm also not a seamstress nor do I even own a needle and thread. So making my own creation is a bit overwhelming too. But there's this great invention called FABRIC GLUE....no sewing required. So I need ideas. Bring em on people! Send me some websites to look at or costume ideas or something...anything. I have one child that always wants to be a dog and another child that always wants to be a kitty cat. If that helps any. But they were both dogs last year. They love princess stuff. But the Disney costumes are very expensive, especially to buy all the accessories. It would be about $150 for two. No thank you! I feel like this is my last year to choose their costumes. Because next year they'll have way too many opinions. Ya know? I need CHEAP but cute and fun and creative! MUST WIN costume contest. (I'm a wee bit competitive as you can see.) The costume contest categories are: animal, movie character, Bible hero, or abstract (meaning like a flower or a bowl of spaghetti or a bubble bath or something like that).

HELP!!!!

6 comments:

Mel :-) said...

Hmmmm....I am not the creative kind but the bubble bath sounds cute. I went as a basket of laundry one year, when I was preggo. I wore all black and cut a hole in the bottom of the basket and pulled it up and stuffed clothes in it. I bet you could come up with some cute ones w/ the food category- like ketchup and mustard or an apple and a banana or a banana spilt and a spoon...?? (yep...that was the best I could do!) ;-)
I did find a website a few weeks ago that you might like- I will email it to ya, I don't want to accidentally click away from this novel I have just written... :-D

Anonymous said...

Disney costumes cost how much in Florida? Good grief. We bought Lauren a Snow White costume (her request) for $20.00 at Wal-Mart thinking she will wear it for dress-up way beyond Halloween. It's not a cheap costume, it is also in the dress-up section. We have a red bow to put in her hair and we can't justify buying special shoes that she might slip and fall in so... 20 bucks is all it cost us. We still haven't found one for Caleb. Wouldn't a dwarf be just precious?

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Go to http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home

They have some cute, simple ideas for Halloween. I'm not one to buy store bought either and I'm not the best seamstress either so these look pretty easy and cheap.

Anonymous said...

sometime back, i bought two little flower headbands at the dollar store of all places. you could put them in either colored leotards or shirts and let them wear the flowers on their heads...don't know if you have any...i have thought i should do that sometime before ian gets too big and stuff them in a big flower pot. hubby might kill me for that one!

mom2iande

AdventurerMom said...

my mom's making me a jedi...if i can ever hold still long enough the be measurized...good luck with the fabrics glue!

Anonymous said...

i don't know if this appeals to you....i do remember my sister making my oldest niece (who was 4) a girl in a poodle skirt. she made my younger niece (who was 1) the poodle.

just another idea....i'll let you know if any others come to mind.

mom2iande