Monday, November 12, 2007

If Fat = Old and I'm not old, then I'm ????

Oh, the mind of a 4 yr old! I will never quite understand it! But the teacher in me is liking her reasoning skills. Here's a conversation I had with Lexi today....

Lexi: Mommy, I want to tell you a secret. Nanny and Mimi are kind of old cause they are the same size.

Me: Oh, yeah? (Nanny is my grandmother, Mimi is Cary's mom) You think so? What about Granny? Is she old? (Granny is my mom).

Lexi: Yes, she's old too cause she's fat like Nanny and Mimi. (Interesting what a 4 yr old thinks of as fat, because they're far from fat!)

Me: What about me? Am I old? (At this point I've concluded that fat = old in her mind and since she tells me I'm fat every day, I'm QUITE certain she's going to say I'm old!)

Lexi: No, mommy, you're not old at all.

(I'm flabbergasted! Totally taken aback. YEA! I'm not old...which means.....I'm not....fat???? Hmmm. Puzzling. But I like her thinking!)

Lexi: You're not old, you're new.

Me: I'm NEW??? You mean young?

Lexi: I SAID NEW! Not young!

Me: Oh. How bout Daddy? Is he new? And what about Dada G (Cary's dad)?

Lexi: Yup, they're new too. They're not old.

Me: (thinking silently) So you mean I'm in the "not fat" and new category? Wow, this is a first!

Who wouldn't love the logic of a 4 yr old!

3 comments:

AdventurerMom said...

congratulations! i'm new too! and shiny! and who doesn't want to be shiny and new from time to time
:)

AdventurerMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

she is funny with her comments. isn't it funny as they get to be four how they can really start to reason...well, at least as a four year old can reason!