Thursday, February 28, 2008

This is totally blogworthy, don't you think?


I don't even like waffles, well, let me re-phrase that. I don't even like maple syrup. Long story. Too many years as a classroom teacher, kids coming in first thing in the morning smelling like maple syrup, had to smell it all day, makes me want to vomit now, you get the idea. So I rarely, actually, I never eat waffles with maple syrup. I do like waffles with strawberries on top. At the hotel we stayed at in Dallas, they had this Texas waffle iron so I had this for breakfast every morning. Not because I liked it, but because who could resist??? Although, Cary and I decided they should have had a TEXAS SIZED waffle iron that makes family sized waffles the size of the table. Cause you know, everything's bigger and better in Texas! The last day we were there, I showered the girls BEFORE breakfast and sent Cary down to eat breakfast with them while I got dressed. And my instructions went like this: "Feed them anything EXCEPT the waffles. They've already had their baths and I don't want to smell maple syrup all day!" About 30 minutes later, they all came back into the room and the girls walked up to me to see what I was doing and I got my sniffer to sniffin' and by golly, I smelled me some maple syrup! I said, "I thought I said NO WAFFLES today!" Cary was baffled at how I could smell it. He quicly defended his actions, "I fed it to them bite by bite myself so their skin would NOT touch the syrup." (Yes, but a mother always knows!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny. our children's hospital does make a "Texas sized" pancake in the cafeteria. i have only had them one time, but they are huge. cary is right -- the waffles need to be hugh like Texas.

Lisa said...

How cute is that! Perfect for you guys!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

I think you need to infest in one of those waffle irons! those are awesome!

Ansbaughmom said...

I would have thought for sure that was made in your kitchen.(being the Texas girl you are!)

Mel :-) said...

Darn, thought it was yours! I was about to ask where you got it when I saw the picture! That is great!!
Too funny about the smell of syrup from being a teacher! I totally get that, only my aversion is to the stink of sweat/kid-smell that came in with the 1st grade boys after recess!!! :-o

Anonymous said...

I have a Mickey Mouse waffle iron ;o)

Katy said...

That is really cute. You are funny with the aversion to syrup smell, but I totally understand!

Stephanie said...

Too cute! I agree with Mel about the sweaty boys after recess. I used to feel so bad telling them no hugs after recess, bleh!

Anonymous said...

I see nothing weird about your aversion to the scent (odor, I should say) of syrup because I too hate the smell of syrup (and I'm not even around kids)! I don't mind having it on my pancakes/waffles but I make sure that our plates are COMPLETELY rinsed of any syrup before putting them into the dishwasher to avoid any lingering smells in the house! :)

Jennifer

Leigh Ishee said...

Those are AWESOME waffles!