Monday, February 11, 2008

And about those Valentines...

Yesterday, I showed you our very cute and over the top valentines that I am mighty proud of, I must say. Well, this morning Cary saw them and here is the conversation that followed:

"Wow! The other moms are going to HATE you."

To which I replied, "Oh, no honey, really, I'm just maintaining the status quo. I promise the other valentines will be just as spectacular as mine (Well, maybe not JUST AS spectacular, but they'll be over the top too)."

"No way! Yours are the best!"

So he took the girls to school this morning and when he got back I asked him, "SO...tell me...how did mine stack up???"

"What are you talking about?"

"The Valentines, the Valentines, how'd we do...you know...in comparison! I mean, not like it matters, it's not like a competition or anything. But no really, were mine the best???"

"You were right, those moms go ALL OUT! There were some really cute ones, just as cute as Ashton's."

Totally not what I wanted to hear. Bah humbug. "So what were they like? Were they...H.A.N.D.M.A.D.E.??? I knew it. I knew I should have done the handmade ones."

"Honey, really, yours were by far the best. And anyways, they just sent bags of chips and juice boxes for the party. YOU MADE HEART SHAPED SANDWICHES! So, relax, you win!"

"Ahhh, thanks honey. You're right. I mean, it's not like we're trying to win 'parents of the year' or anything. Are we?"



Whatever happened to those $.99cent boxes of Valentines you buy at the drugstore???

4 comments:

Kim said...

I did hate you a little bit. I haven't bought Valentine's in three years. I'm a little cynical about Valentine's Day(or what I call the Hallmark-makes-a-lot-of-money-day). This year we are participating in a Valentine's Day party with our homeschool group. We have to make boxes for the kids to put Valentines in. Have I done it? nooooo. Have I bought Dollar General Valentines? nope. Maybe today. Yours were cute. You win.

Katy said...

we bought the drugstore valentine's and taped lollipops to them! Adam was tired of writing the names by the time we got to the end of his class list. You definately win!

Anonymous said...

I do not like the store bought valentines when you can use photoshop elements to personalize valentines for your kids.... But I guess if there was no photoshop, I would use rubber stamps and watercoloring pencils. I enjoy making them I guess.

Anonymous said...

that was me:)