Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not the most flattering pictures, but have you ever had THESE???

We all know DisneyWorld is the happiest place on Earth, but did you also know it's the BEST SMELLING place on Earth as well? As you enter the gates, you are greeted by Mickey and Minnie, friendly "police" officers, picture takers, and the most heavenly aroma I've ever smelled in my entire life. As we sauntered down main street USA, my taste buds were dancing as I asked Cary, "What are they cooking and can I get me some of that???" We thought for a minute maybe it was the freshly baked waffle cones at the ice cream shop, or maybe freshly baked cookies, but our noses led us in a different direction. In your toucan Sam voice...Follow the nose, it always knows! Ba-da bing. Couldn't resist. And alas, our noses led us to these...
It's called a cinnamon glazed almond. I told you these are not the most flattering pictures. Focus on the nut. Well, I mean the almond. You know what I mean. Have you ever heard of these? I never had. They make them right there in the park. Well, they don't MAKE the almonds, but you get the idea. They add the stuff to the almond that makes it taste more like a treat, less like a nut.

Sweet Jesus!

Seriously, honey. This bag will NOT be enough.

How fast can I eat them before anyone asks for one, because I really don't want to share.



I SAID I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SHARE!!!!

WHAT PART OF "I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SHARE" DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND????


12 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

It's NOT fun to share!! I wish I had some right now and I probably wouldn't share them either!

Karen said...

LOVE THOSE!!! One of my favorite treats!!! Gald you discovered them!!

Anonymous said...

you are SERIOUSLY too much...now, that was funny. I gotta show my hubby b/c he will love that one. we do love the smells along main street....ok, we just love disney (primarily magic kingdom).

Ansbaughmom said...

I thought those smells were just pumped out of machines! There is real food to go with it?? Looks like yall had a great time!!

AdventurerMom said...

we used to have a stand that sold these right next to the play places in the mall, but it closed due to competition from the cookie stands on the other sides of the play place...
is not fair! mom never gets them for me...

Mel :-) said...

Those do sound good!! I'll have to see if Disneyland has some too next time we go!! :-)

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! Oh my goodness... I am laughing so hard. But where was I when you guys were snacking down on this stuff? Hmm... holding out snacks on me. Oh, I remember, this is when I was waiting for you guys at It's a Small World... hmm...

Anonymous said...

So,uhh... Does does your husband (or children for that matter) have any fingers left? I mean, seriously. You look like my daughter, and we call her Princess Piranha :-)

Anonymous said...

Love those almonds! I found a recipe that is pretty close:

1 T slightly beaten egg white

2 cups pecan halves, unblanched almonds or walnut halves

2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

1/4 tsp ground cloves

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Mix egg white and nuts in medium bowl until nuts are coated and sticky
3. Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over nuts. Stir until nuts are coated. Spread nuts in single layer in ungreased jelly roll pan (15x10x1)
4. Bake about 30 minutes. Cool or serve warm.

These smell heavenly in the oven; great to make just before company!

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Rhonda...was when you were getting Sebastian's hat made and we were sitting at Pooh's play area.

Cheryl...You're THE WOMAN! You rock girl! Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Heath bought some pecans made just like that and put them in the pantry. I ended up eating the whole bag before he even had one nut! He was so mad! :) So, for Christmas I found some and I bought him 2 big bags and have tried to limit myself this time.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Oops! Just realized I forgot 1/4 cup sugar in that recipe! Delete it if you can. Here's the correct recipe:

1 T slightly beaten egg white
2 cups pecan halves, unblanched almonds, or walnut halves
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves

1 Heat oven to 350
2 Mix egg white and pecan halves in medium bowl until pecans are coated and sticky
3 Mix remaining ingredients, sprinkle over nuts. Stir until nuts are completely coated. Spread nuts in single layer in ungreased jelly roll pan.
4 Bake about 30 minutes. Cool or serve warm.