Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Beautiful Ballerinas

Today was the first day of ballet for Lexi. She takes ballet at our church ($50 for the whole semester! Is that a steal or what??!!!) We tried it last year and it was really borderline catastrophic. Let's just say she had a little too much groove in her step, should have put her in the hip hop class instead! But today was a whole new story! She was AWESOME! She listened and was so obedient and tried her absolute best to do all the positions. I am so proud of her! Ashton is still too young to be in the class, but as soon as they got home, Lexi felt sorry for her sister I guess and took her to her room and dressed her up in last year's ballet clothes and shoes (which no longer fit her...I guess they were officially passed down today!) Lexi has been so excited about today. We bought her new ballet clothes and shoes yesterday and she wanted to put them on and wear them as soon as we got home from the store. I kept saying, "Tomorrow, tomorrow, you can wear them tomorrow!" And this morning as soon as she got, she wanted to put on her ballet clothes. I think that's the mystique of ballet at age 4...wearing ballerina clothes! Here are some pics of my little ballerinas.

She lost her pink practice skirt, so she put this pink bikini bottom on Ashton instead. I guess it looks like a tutu.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable. $50- that is a steal!! We are paying $45 per month !! (for tap and ballet) Emma really likes it too. You are right about the attire~that's Emma's favorite thing. She can't wait to get their recital costume.
Rach

Mel :-) said...

How cute! That's great that she did so well! What a good big sister to share her clothes!
I think I am going to enroll my Girls in a dance class of some sort this summer! They would love that!!

Ansbaughmom said...

Your girls are adorable!!

Jess Marie said...

Tooooo cute for words! :) Love it!

AdventurerMom said...

eww!!!!!!
girly and pink. okay, so they're kinda cute, but i'd deny it if asked in public.

Lisa said...

They are so cute and $50 is a bargain!!

Lisa said...

ps... thanks for the sleeping advice in a big girl bed! Grace is doing sooooo much better and last night she didn't wake up once! Supernanny really knows her stuff :)

Karen said...

Jenna(my daughter 4) is also in ballet! She loves it! Ours is $40 for 8 weeks! LOVE IT!! We started last fall and I have just kept her in it since. She does so well and takes it so seriously!! And of course the clothes are a bonus too!!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Lexi like to change her earrings out doesn't she?? They are all so pretty. What's a ballerina without dangly earrings??

They are so cute and Lexi is smart getting the bathing suit out since she couldn't find the skirt...way to improvise!

Anonymous said...

I think this is born in little girls....well, the GIRLY girls!!! Ours already wants to wear a tutu (I bought for dress-up) all the time and spins and says she is a ballerina. We amy have to invest in ballet at some point. WOW! $50 for the sememster...wonder if there is anything like that here?!?!?!?

Those are cute pics of both of them...maybe little sister wants to do ballet, too! They do look cute! I will send you a link for a site for "tutu outfits" for all the time and you may already have a few of the props. I know I do.

Stephanie said...

How precious. I wish I could find a place for $50 a semester! Keep us updated on her progress. I can't wait to get Lauren in a class. We're still trying to figure out how to get her there when Abby will surely need to eat or be napping. Maybe this summer when I'm on break.

Anonymous said...

I love it, I love it, I love it! I want to see more pictures as the classes progress.