Friday, February 1, 2008

Observations From the Week

1. Never put hemorrhoid cream inside your nose in an attempt to make swollen nasal passages go down. It doesn't work and even worse, you'll just taste it all night.

2. Interesting town I live in. On Tuesday, election day, the girls rode their bikes a block down the street with me to the church, parked their bikes in the parking lot, went inside and were immediately greeted by all the sweet little old ladies who have kept them in the church nursery. They were led to the kitchen for cookies while I voted and given a hand full of stickers on our way out the door. Then a little old man working the election came outside to marvel at how well they both rode their big girl bikes. I'm telling you, it was like a trip back to Mayberry.

3. Interesting town I live in (cont.) Every time I go to Pizza Hut, I see this same family there. They have a baby and they sit in the same booth. And I know THEY must be thinking, "Every time we come here we see that fat lady (who eats too much pizza) with the two beautiful girls. And she always sits in the same booth!"

4. Interesting town I live in (cont.) Every time we eat at Subway, we see this same elderly hispanic couple there. He always says the same thing to my girls. We sit in the same booth. And we see the same big truck of oranges go down the road while we eat.

5. I heard MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" on the radio yesterday and it made me think, "Whatever happened to him? All he had to do was be rich and live like a rockstar. How do you screw that up???"

6. Who says Bert and Ernie are gay? It's obvious that Ernie has a crush on Prairie Dawn.

7. When I see Elmo, I can't get past the fact that he's a big, buff, black man!

8. Little Bear (on the Noggin channel) is the BEST cartoon on T.V. EVER!!!!

9. Vinny (on Celebrity Apprentice) apparently LIVES out his part on the Sopranos. He's had one too many meatballs.

10. What's up with shows called "Lipstick Jungle" and "Cashmere Mafia"? Sounds like another rendition of "Desperate Housewives" to me. Whatever happened to shows like "The Wonder Years" and "30 Something" and "The Cosby Show"? Thank GOD for "King of Queens" or there would just not be ANY quality television out there. Oh and Little Bear, can't forget Little Bear.

11. My husband, whom I love with all my heart, is THE biggest mess maker in our house. Every time he goes out of town, I realize this fact. When he's gone, our house stays clean, the laundry stays under control. But as soon as he returns, it all goes to pots! I didn't have to spend more than 30 min a day this past week cleaning the house and it stayed clean all week. Last night, he hadn't been home for 5 minutes and I was wiping things off the floor and counter top. I love you honey bun!!!! I'm really not complaining. I would rather live with his messes than to be without him for even a day.

12. They just put "non-drowsy" on the label because if they put the real side effects..."Warning: in about 30 minutes you'll be unconscious, knocked out, can't open your eyes, barely breathing, sleeping like a rock" then no one would buy it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Bear is our absolute favorite too. Jacob even still watches it. :) Have a good weekend!!

AdventurerMom said...

and bert is in love with his pigeons! it's all just talk, him and ernie are platonic roommates...that is alls.

Anonymous said...

Hemoroid Cream? Nose? Who?

Your girls are precious! I am very impressed with their bike riding skills and it sounds like you fit in with "Mayberry" life. So do we...

We are glad your here!

Lurker from the Church Office :) BB

Karen said...

We love Little Bear too!! One of our favs. Yeah I'm curious about the hemoroid cream in the nose too!!! I have "Mayberry" moments here in VA. We live on a cul-de-sac so when all the neighbor kids are out(5 girls and 4 boys total) they are all riding their bikes, playing with chalk and having fun in the yard hollering and screaming without a care in the world!! No fears of traffic or lurking strangers!! We are a tight knit neighborhood! It's great!

Katy said...

We also love Little Bear. I agree you must tell more about the hemorrhoid cream in the nose!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Ok scratch that last comment, totally thought you mentioned Bobby Brown but you said MC Hammer!

It's late, I wasn't paying attention...sorry!

Anonymous said...

too funny!

Stephanie said...

#11 My husband is a bigger mess maker than your husband!
I need to talk to you more often about how you handle it. I mean, I'm a working mom, I don't have time to just always pick up after him like June Cleaver! Oh, I accidentally typed June Cleaner! He he!

Jonatha said...

I just came upon your blog by our mutual friends and thought I'd say hi! I don't remember it AT ALL, but I was born in Texas and then lived in Florida almost all my life - and I love it here - especially the flip flops!

kathryn evans said...

When my husband is gone I have to take out the trash...ugh!!
So next time your hubbie is out of town and you need something for your nose...call me and I will run to Wal-mart and get you some saline nasal spray :) I PROMISE!