Thursday, February 21, 2008

I HATE WINTER

Did I say in my post yesterday that it HASN'T been cold here??? Cause I may have spoken too soon. It's freakin cold right now. I've been in this hotel room for at least 30 minutes with the heat on 75 and I still haven't thawed out. How cold is it, you ask? 39! Now I know by yankee standards, that's like summer. But for my Florida-ized body, that's Arctic cold. And I don't even own a jacket any more. I don't really own warm clothes, come to think of it. So I'm a tad bit frigid right now. Today's weather was icky. Cold, drizzly, foggy. Blah! But it didn't stop me from visiting friends, eating at my favorite restaurants, shopping at my favorite stores, and going to church tonight. Brian Houston, pastor of Hillsong Church in Australia, was the speaker tonight. SO GOOD! It was very inspiring. And the worship was once again, unbelievable. Everyone on that stage could win American Idol! So much talent. And they're all church members. Unbelievable! Tomorrow night, TD Jakes is speaking. I can't wait. He's gonna rock the house for sure. I haven't even gone to the daytime sessions at the conference because, well, I'm not a pastor. But just the evening services alone have given us some much needed refreshment and refueling. Pastors give and give and give and work and work and work (and so do their wives) and rarely get the opportunity to be "fed". So this is kind of a chance for both of us to get our fill and just get refreshed and inspired to keep going. It's been WONDERFUL!

Okay, seriously, my fingers are shaking and my jaw is trembling all because I'M COLD!!! I must get a hot shower and crawl into those germ infested hotel covers on the rock hard germ infested bed. Don't you love hotels???

Has anyone checked on my dog??? Oh my stars, I miss that girl!

9 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

It is freezing!! Here today, just a few hours north of you at this moment, the high was 27!! It was icy and cold and they still made me drive the kids to school. Don't they realize when I'm cold I don't want to be out in the car driving the kids to school?? The nerve of some people!

Glad you're having a great time, I get to go down to Houston in two weeks!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was fun yesterday. Yes, it is COLD!!! I am ready for summer to get here fast. I freeze all winter and would make a horrible yankee myself. I like TD Jakes, too.

Ansbaughmom said...

It does take some adjusting. I lived in Florida just about all my love before we moved to Georgia this past year. They really do have a winter "season" instead of a winter day here and there in Florida. It definately thins out your blood. Glad to hear you are having a great time!!

Mel :-) said...

Yep- we are in the 30s and drizzly today too! I am ready for some spring!! So so jealous of all the yummy Texas food you are having! I miss it so badly! I am really glad you are having a blast!! :-)

circus of love said...

Sounds like you are really having a great time. ENJOY, ENJOY!!!
And...agree totally about hotels...even really nice ones. I mean bed spreads someone else sleeps with too...ick!

Brenda said...

Let's see it was high of 80 on Friday and a bit cloudy today but will be in the upper 70s. Awww Florida in the spring. Just love it!

Missing Lexi & Ashton's cute little hellos as they breeze through the office. Chris said the pets are doing well.

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey there... Did Brian Houston teach about what is in your hand, what is in your heart, what is in your sphere of influence? If so, then that is what the owner of my company taught him last week when he was down there visiting in Sydney. His daughters and I are friends and they said they saw him on TV at the Fellowship Conference and he was sharing Mr. Coleman's word. Call me some time. When do you guys get home?

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard a blog word from the Texas Aggie...back yet?

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

He DID speak about that. And that's so funny that you mention that b/c I've heard him on TV before and didn't think he was all that clever, but his message on Thurs blew me away...hehehe, I guess that's because it was someone else's material. well, he delivered it well, except that it took me a while to decipher some of his words with the Australian accent. His personal stories that he tied into the message were very inspiring. I guess that wasn't someone else's material.