Thursday, February 14, 2008

So much to say, so little time...

It's almost 2 a.m. as I sit in the darkness of the dining room typing all these random thoughts...

1. Happy Valentine's Day! I just put the finishing touches on my Valentine's breakfast table. I also made my strawberry mice, you may remember those little fellas from a post I did a week or so ago. They turned out so cute. We're having heart shaped cupcakes topped with heart sprinkles and strawberry mice. It's the only day of the year you can get away with cupcakes for breakfast, well, guilt free anyways. And I got cute glittery heart shaped plates from Target with sparkly lady bug glasses for drinking our love potion. The girls have heart shaped balloons tied to their chairs and a gift bag full of goodies at their seats waiting for them to wake up. I can't wait to see their faces in the morning. And I did get the hubs a little somthun somthun, but it's a secret that I cannot share with you internets. 'Cause I will blush.

2. I'M GOING TO TEXAS! today! Yup, you read that right. I'm leaving in just a few hours. Flying to San Antonio for a few days, then driving up to Dallas, then back to San Antonio. I'm headed for the life of luxury for the next 12 days. I love my life here, but it is kind of nice to leave our skinny budget behind and order whatever I want from a menu, not have to worry about packing the girls food when we eat out, a stocked pantry bigger than my bedroom, a stocked sub zero in the kitchen bigger than my bathroom. Yes, I do enjoy having "stuff" when I'm at Mom's. I'm also kind of excited about leaving behind the gurlgy toilet that makes frightening sewage gas noises when I run the dishwasher or washing machine. Uh huh, figure that one out will you?

3. PLEASE pray that my mom's flight will be on time. She is in Chicago on business right now and her flight is scheduled to arrive around the same time as mine. But last time she was in Chicago a few weeks ago, her flight was delayed about 5 hours due to the weather. If she doesn't make it on time, I have the fun and exciting privilege of getting my girls pottied and changed, down to baggage claim, carrying all my luggage out to the shuttle bus, loading us all on the shuttle, and getting everything to the car BY MYSELF! Leaping lizards, doesn't that sound like FUN??? But if mom gets there at the same time as me, like planned, things will be much simpler. I have faith. I do believe my momma would make her way up to that cockpit and say, "Now if I have to fly this bird myself, we WILL get to San Antonio on time!" And she will too.

That's all for now. The next time I make a post, I will be in the Lone Star State...YEEEEHAW! Food, glorious food! Which reminds me, I had dinner last night with someone who lived in Texas a while back, and she said the thing she missed the most when she moved to FL was ALL THE GREAT TEXAS FOOD! See, I'm not just dreamin' this stuff up y'all! She noted how the restuarant selection here is slim pickins. I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT all year and everyone just thinks I'm crazy. I feel validated. Now I can sleep.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! have fun... Happy Valentine's Day!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Good luck on your trip to Texas! Have a great time and once again, I'm totally jealous. But I bet you figured that out! Eat all the delicious food and think of all us poor people who can't be enjoying it with you!

Anonymous said...

That sounded cute for Valentines. I bet the girls are excited to see their granny.

ok -- secretly, I will trade you...we will move to Orlando so we can go to Disneyworld all the time (since my hubby can really live where he wants to and I could be a Disneyworld nurse) and you can come live in Texas. Just kidding, because then we would have to figure out to get to South Carolina and Texas ALL the time. Although, I would trade having to figure all that out for the Orlando weather and my kids would trade it for the Magic Kingdom. Ha-ha!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home to TX! Chicken fried steak, and barbeque and sweet tea....
Another Aggie Mom

Ansbaughmom said...

Have a great trip-I know you miss Texas (and family) from reading all your posts!!!