Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Back to Reality and Good ol' Granny Detox

Reality hit me last night at about 8:30 p.m. as we were driving home from the airport. "My car smells like pure dog and I'm at a McDonald's drive-thru," I thought. Yep, it's back to reality! I handed over the keys yesterday to my mom's very large, brand new luxury SUV (which doesn't smell like dog and doesn't have fossilized french fries hiding under the seats). Then I gave back the credit cards that had been given to me to use during my trip (by mom of course). I think some of them even had my name on them. Can you hear my sobs? Then I ate one last INCREDIBLE meal (at Pappasito's...YUM). I can honestly say, my lips didn't touch the likes of fast food the entire trip. And this morning, there was no one coming to my room to get my dirty laundry, or sweep up all the dirt that we track in on our feet, or put the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher. Oh, how I could go on and on. Today for lunch, no one asked me, "Where would you like to go eat today," I thought as I loaded the fish sticks onto the baking sheet. Have I ever mentioned that I'm an only child? In case you were wondering how one becomes such a spoiled rotten BRAT. At least I'm not in denial.

I guess it's not just the children that are getting some Granny detox today. I, too, am suffering through the torture of reality. So I did what I had to do to help relieve some of the pain. I got a pedicure...and today, I treated myself to the "deluxe package" pedicure. Well, actually, I paid for it with the money Mom put in my wallet. Okay, so I have to detox gradually!!!

10 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

and she's back!! We missed the daily updates. Plus, I was jealous you were in MY state!

Oh to be you, having mommy take care of you, do your laundry, buy your food. Only two more weeks until that happens to me. I'm not even an only child...there are a lot of us but I'm the one who lives the furthest away, there for she likes me!!

any more news on the new house?? When do you get to move in??

Anonymous said...

too funny. it was great to see you. pedicure...i think i need one of those too.
rach

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

YES...we're moving in a week and a a half! Ish. We get the keys on March 8th and will pay our first month's rent then. Our official move day is supposedly the 15th. A week early can't hurt!

Anonymous said...

Yippee....the Texas Aggie is back...well, in Florida. I always like reading your posts.

I did know you were an only child...one of the blessings is that the parents can really do everything for that one child.

Well, we think that with two, also.

I love your mom's car...I will take it off her hands if it becomes too much a burden. I loved my 4-runner before we had to trade it for a mini-van our kids could get in and out of. Although, our mini-van has its benefits, too. Can you believe I can stand inside it and buckle the kids if it is really cold outside and keep the doors shut with the heat on? 5 foot helps sometimes ;o)

Have a happy detox day!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't ever get on to me for spoiling my grandchildren. You get your fair share. I just wish I could do more for all of you. It is a blessing to share what God has been so gracious to give me. Thank Him not me.

Thank you Jesus,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, I am detoxing also. Someone asked me today if my babies had gone home yet, and teared up and got a big lump in my throat. Last night my bed had no little one snuggling close. I already miss all of you so much. When can we do this again?

Granny

Kim said...

The BEST pedicure I've ever gotten was at the little place in the Publix shopping center at the corner of Narcoosee and Irlo Bronson. I went there with Mom and Kris last year and I loved it.
Next time you go to Texas, pack me in your suitcase. I will eat the crumbs you drop. It sounds like such a fun time.

Anonymous said...

I ate at Pappasito's once, when I was in Richardson, TX. Very, Very, Very GOOD!!!

Maybe Cary and I should take a trip to TX. this summer. A guys only road trip, Any Takers?

Nick

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

I've eaten at that Pappasito's in Richardson. This is going to sound crazy, but I actually order soup and salad when I go to Pappasito's. I know. Insane. They have THE BEST salad I've ever tasted in my entire life. And I don't really even like salads. For those that live in TX, it's the one with barbque chicken and avacodos. Chicken taco salad I think it's called. It's out of this world. And Mom and I can split one and still be full, they're so big. And then the soup...I consider myself to be a tortilla soup contisuer (sp??)and that place definitely has the best! Also, it can be split. It's huge. I'm salivating just typing all of this. I miss Pappasito's. And it's not even the best tex-mex in the DFW area in my opinion. But it's darn good. Okay, mom, let's book my flight. I'm ready to come back just to eat.

Anonymous said...

The good news is there is a Pappasito's in Marietta GA., just North of Atlanta. About a 9 hour drive.

Nick