Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Day After Valentine's

So I just woke up. It's 9 something. Are you jealous? And I got an uninterrupted night's sleeep. Are you REALLY jealous? Can't even remember what those are like. It was heavenly. I know what you're thinking, my kids aren't babies, why do they wake me up all night??? I'm asking the same question. Both of them, from the age of 6-8 weeks old were 12 hour sleepers at night, never woke up during the night. But now that they're older, they wake up scared, or have to go potty, someone needs juice, or Ashton falls off the bed, there's always something. I'm usually up about 3 times per night. So needless to say, last night was a blessing of gigantic proportions. My child just chose oatmeal over donuts. Sorry, that was random. I overheard that from the kitchen. The same child that chooses brocolli over mac and cheese. That ain't right.

The flight went well. The girls were really good. They both took a little nap and I didn't even have to bribe them or give them benedryl for that to happen. So YEA! Mom's flight arrived 30 minutes after mine, so getting 4 suitcases, 2 backpacks, my purse, diaper bag, and both kids to the car wasn't a problem at all. Sigh. It was on the plane yesterday with my "big girls" who sat in their seatbelts so cooperatively that I made the decision to NOT start over with this whole having kids thing. Honey, you're going to see Dr. Snippit! And on that note, congrats to my friend, Audra, who gave birth to her 4th child yesterday, 4th child UNDER THE AGE OF 5!!! God bless her soul! (I think she's crazy, I love her, but she's crazy!)

We're going to relax and play with granny today and eat something yummy. Happy Day After Valentine's! Now I must go eat my donuts. Not oatmeal. Someone has to teach these kids what's good in life!

5 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Have I mentioned I'm jealous???

I'm glad the flight was great and everyone is there safe and sound.

Oh, and my little guy choses mashed potatoes over ice cream!!! Who in the world does that??? I have got to knock some sense into him!!

Stephanie said...

Yeah, you should read my blog about the sleep I DIDN'T get last night! You're counting money in front of poor people!
And you say your girls are grown, why would you want to start all over? Well, because now you have 2 big helpers! No, seriously, I commend you on knowing when you're done. I still don't know that I'm done. I think I need to meet Audra, I'm on track to follow in her footsteps. Miss you Heather!

Lisa said...

Glad you made it to TEXAS okay! And so happy the girls were so good. I've flown with my little one a few times now and everytime she totally amazes me!

Hope your days in the the lone star state are wonderful! Enjoy every minute.

Mel :-) said...

Hope you have tons of fun in Texas!!! Family, great food, friends- that's the best!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Texas!

I know what you mean about two flying (since ours are the same age)-- this past December flying to & from Disney was a piece of cake. I thought it would have been much worse, but they were good on the way and slept on the way back. It was great. I am ready to go again. Hee hee...already got the trip booked.

I think two means one for mom and one for dad. We each have our child that we sit with. That is it. The child we think will do better with mom, sits with mom and the one that will be best with dad sits with dad. It works out well that way.