Saturday, August 11, 2007

Girl Weekend Coming to an End

I've had a real treat the last 2 days...an all girl weekend. Just me and my girly fur baby, Candice. (She doesn't like it when I call her a dog cause she's a GIRL!) It was just like the olden days before Cary came along. She slept with me, ate with me, went on car rides with me, snuggled with me on the couch. She's the best therapy money can buy! There's nothing like cozyin' up next to your fur baby. Cary and the girls went back to Amelia Island Thursday and are coming home today. They went back to hang with his family for a few more days, giving me a much needed break from the children. I love them to pieces, but every mom needs a break every now and then. Yesterday, I slept from 10:30 the night before till 3:30 in the afternoon! And it as GLORIOUS! I did get up at 10 a.m. to take Candice out and that just about did me in! Last night, I went to the 10:20 showing of "Becoming Jane" and got home at about 1 this morning. It was okay, it was about the Jane Austen story. But I didn't feel it was worth the $9.50 movie ticket or the $4 popcorn! (There really should be a law against charging that much.) Anyways, went to bed at 3 and got up at 9. I'm frantically getting a little house work done so I can go tan at the pool before the natives arrive home this afternoon and chaos returns and it's back to reality! All good things must come to an end I guess.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Just wanted to say howdy from one Texan to another! I love your blog - found it today and just laugh over all the A&M stuff. I will say that I did not go to A&M but my brother & sister-in-law are die-hard Aggies and their son, Chris, is an Aggie of the Class of 2029! :) I even live close to your church here in DFW. Can't wait to read more from you!

mom2iande said...

Funny! Enjoy the rest of your girl weekend!!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Lucky You!! Will pray for that little girl. :(
Rachel