Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Weekend Festivities


Last year on Father's Day, I made this post about crepes. And today we had our 2nd annual Father's Day Crepes for dinner using the same recipe. YUMMO! This year we used nutella (a chocolaty stuff) with bananas on the inside and powdered sugar with whipped cream on top. And since that wasn't enough carbs, I made some biscuits to go along with our meal. And scrambled eggs too. This may not seem like a typcial dinner, but my husband is a children's pastor and he usually gets to the church on Sunday mornings by 4 or 5 a.m. to get ready for Kidzchurch. Therefore, Sunday breakfast is out of the question! So we had his favorite breakfast for dinner! After church today we ate at Kissimmee steakhouse, thank you NICK AND KRISTI! They gave us a gift certificate a while back and what better day for a good steak! We also took a Father's Day nap...ALL OF US! A much needed nap. Yesterday we went to Clearwater, FL and hung out of the beach all afternoon. And I think I've said this before but if you want NO SUN at all on your body, use Winn Dixie brand sunscreen, SPF 50. Go figure. I might as well have worn a body suit. Actually, no, that just wouldn't be pretty. Not that me in a swimsuit is any better. I've searched the world high and low and tried out the most expensive of sunscreens these last few summers trying to find something that actually worked and found nothing. A few weeks ago, on a whim, I bought the cheap $5.99 Winn Dixie brand just so I could feel like a responsible mom using sunscreen at the pool and low and behold. That stuff is like steel armor!


Happy Father's Day Honey bun! Happy Father's Day Dada G! And Happy Father's Day Mom (who was a single mom most of my life...so she gets Father's Day privileges too!)

4 comments:

Betsy Nickel Photography said...

So sad about the Father's day ticket. :( Those crepes look YUMMY too! Good breakfast....for dinner! I'll have to try it!

We just fired our lawn guy, so I might have to grab the neighbors guy too. We just did all our yard work this past Saturday...whew! That's a lot of work!

Clearwater is a nice beach area. We just went to the beach there a few weeks ago! I don't know about sunblock, but I do have the BEST tanning lotion in the world!! :o)

Jess Marie said...

Yummy! I love Nutella and crepes.

Who knew Winn Dixie had such good sunblock? Thanks for the head's up.

See you soon!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your father's day wishes. Most all of my wishes have already been granted so many times over that I can't even think of new wishes for myself but the blessing just keep coming. Your family is just so precious and I thank the Lord for you and keep you all in my prayers. We enjoy your blog so much. Love you all.
DaDa G (and Mimi)

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious and going to the beach? No Fair! Awww....that was nice to say to your mom. I can't even imagine -- when the hubby travels, I can't wait for him to get home...since there are two and they like to irritate each other and I need the other parent to help me win when they gang up on me! I know you know what I mean!