Friday, June 13, 2008

An Alternative to Friendship Bread...anyone???

So my friend, Carrie B, gave me some yummy friendship bread. Already cooked. THANK YOU Carrie B. It was SO good. But I should have put "friendship bread" on my list of "Things That Annoy Me Lately" read below if you don't know what I'm talking about. I do not like getting (uncooked) friendship bread. I don't make friendship bread. Please don't give me a bag of (uncooked) friendship bread. Because I'm all about instant gratification and this whole wait 10 days for something yummy and oh yeah, let the milk sit in the bag and rot for 5 of those days, yeah, I'm not really into that. Call me crazy. BUT...I DO LOVE ME SOME COOKED FRIENDSHIP BREAD. So if you're my friend, you can show it by giving me some already cooked friendship bread. Thank you Carrie B! Did I already say that? Which brings me to my question. My oh so culinary savvy internets, is there an alternative to friendship bread? Something that tastes JUST LIKE friendship bread, but that can be made in 45 minutes rather than taking 10 days and requiring me to REMEMBER to do things to it every day which I'm just not good at. I always get to day 5: Add milk. Add milk????!!! And do what with the milk in the bag for the next 5 days? I don't get it! Is that a mistake? A typo? It must be a typo. Who does that? Doesn't that stink up the whole house? So please send me your instant gratification recipes for something that tastes JUST LIKE FRIENDSHIP BREAD...or you could just make me some friendship bread. If you're my true friend. Like Carrie B.

Yes, I do realize that the whole instant gratification thing that I struggle with could be the reason I've now been asked TWICE, yes TWICE in one week if I'm expecting. Who does that? Who asks that question? Who? It happened to me again today. But I was wearing the same dress I had on Monday when it happened the first time. So maybe it's the dress? Yeah, it's the dress. Which I just ordered in 2 more colors because it's so comfy. Dern it!

7 comments:

Betsy Nickel Photography said...

Yes; your dog could definitely eat my dog. Mine only weighs 2 pounds. I'm with ya on the "friendship bread" girl! Who has time and patients?? So funny about the dress. :o) Betsy

Stef Layton said...

burn the dress! ;p

Betsy Nickel Photography said...

Sorry...I just noticed how I totally misspelled patience! UGH!:(

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew an alternative to 10 day friendship bread, but I am kind of culinary challenged unless I have specific instructions :) I am glad you like the bread though and if I make anymore...I will bring some over.
Carrie

Anonymous said...

You know I hate the styles these days, tops and dresses all look like maternity clothes. It is hard to find anything that does not look that way, and at my age who wants to look pregnant when I am just fat. Girl, just slap those that say that and continue to eat that bread and be comfy.

Mom

circus of love said...

I ALWAYS get the friendship bread to day 10 and then forget to bake it and wonder what happens after like day 13??? SO I just end up throwing it away. Helen said the other day that you can freeze it. But now that I mention it I don't knwo if she meant the dough stuff or the baked bread. Oh, well. I am not help on getting you any bread.

Anonymous said...

What is friendship bread? Is that a Florida thing?

I am sorry, the clothes in the store look like maternity clothes. Who has the nerve and audacity to ask someone that? I know people do.