Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day Crepes

Cary LOVES LOVES LOVES crepes. He buys them at this little crepe stand in the mall. Now let's get one thing straight about my cooking abilities, or lack of, I should say. I am very culinary challenged. Never would the names Emeril Lagosse, Rachel Ray, Betty Crocker, and MY NAME come up in the same sentence never ever ever. But at my mentor class at church, the mentors did a cooking demonstration with crepes. And I thought, "Okay, I can do that without blowing up the kitchen!" So I made some for Cary today...his favorite food on his favorite day of the year! They were a big hit!!! Here's the recipe for the strawberry ones I made, but we also changed out the filling on one and used bananas with hot fudge, topped with powder sugar...YUM!!! Very simple and very scrumptuous! Happy Father's Day Honey Bun...YOU'RE THE BEST!!! And now I must go sip on my mango milk shake Cary just made for me with the mangos from our mango tree. Yum yum in the tum tum!

STRAWBERRY CREPES
Ingredients:
1 cup Bisquick Mix
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs

1 cup dairy sour cream
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 cups sliced, fresh strawberries

Grease a 6 or 7 inch skillet lightly; heat until hot. Beat baking mix, milk, and eggs with whip until smooth. For each crepe, pour 2 large tablespoons batter into skillet until batter covers bottom. Cook until golden brown (bubbly all over). Gently loosen edge with spatula; turn and cook other side until golden brown.

Stack crepes in warm oven, placing waxed paper between each; keep covered to prevent them from drying out. Mix sour cream and brown sugar. Place a heaping tablespoon on each crepe and spread across center; add sliced berries across center and roll up.

This recipe said it makes 12 crepes, but it only made 6 for me.

1 comment:

mom2iande said...

i am not a cook either. that sounds really tasty!