Sunday, September 9, 2007

Triple Overtime??? Seriously???

What a whirlwind of a weekend. A wonderful weekend. Topped off by an Aggie victory. An ugly, embarrassing, triple overtime victory, but a win is a win. Thursday evening, I got to have dinner with my friends Carol and Darrell in San Antonio and their two beautiful girls. My girls had a blast playing with their girls outside of Jason's Deli (one of my FAVORITE places to eat in TX). Yesterday, I loaded up the car and went to the big H-TOWN, Houston. My old stompin grounds. I grew up there and actually lived 24 years of my life in the Houston area, so that is truly home to me. It was fun to see the house I grew up in. The town, Pearland, which was about 25,000 in population when I moved away is now over 85,000 in population. CRAZY! I went to see my friend Lorri and her new baby boy. SO SWEET! I'm so happy for her. Then I went to my cousin's house to spend the night and saw more family I haven't seen in a long while and that was AWESOME! It had been way too long. I miss them terribly! Then I got up early this morning and drove to College Station for the game. The very LONG, hot, steamy game that we almost GAVE AWAY! At halftime we were up 19-0 and it was looking like not much of a competition. Then I can't really explain what happened, oh wait, I know...Mike Goodson left, Mike Goodson right, Mike Goodson left, and just cause you thought we couldn't possibly hand off to the same player 4 times in a row...MIKE GOODSON UP THE MIDDLE. Now I love Mike Goodson. He's a heck of a player, Heisman potential and only a soph. But...HEY FRAN, I THINK THEY FIGURED OUT YOUR PLAY BOOK! We should have a plethora of options on offense. We have the top tight end in the country. We have a haus named JTrain who could run through a brick wall. We have 3 excellent receivers. And a quarterback who can run, slide, flip, and singlehandedly catch rattlesnakes with his bare hands while killing coyetes with his bow and arrow. The kid is tough as nails. COME ON FRAN! But when the cool breeze started blowing and the rainbow spread across Kyle Field, I knew we were going to win. I'm really not kidding. There really was a rainbow just as overtime was starting. So I had peace. It was a sign! I knew we would be victorious. BUT GEEZ...FRESNO STATE...triple overtime...reallly???

Hey...how'bout those picks huh? Other than TX, I think I got them all right, didn't I??? Not too shabby for a chick who hadn't watched or listened to a lick of sports news all week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I am with you on the game- An ugly win but a win is a win.
I LOVE Jason's Deli!! We just got one up here and I am loving it! :-) I hadn't been to one in SO long! Brings back memories of my Texas days...

Lisa said...

Yes a win is a win... we were on the edges of our seats!