Sunday, July 8, 2007

Minivan Mamas Out On the Town!

Friday night, a group of girls from our Life Group at church loaded up the minivans, kissed our babies goodbye, and headed out for a guilt free night on the town...a MUCH needed night I might add! Our first stop was at a paint your own pottery studio. I didn't want to spend much $$$ and those kind of places can get really expensive. So I chose this little tiny 4x4 in. tile that I could use as a coaster. FOUR AND A HALF HOURS LATER...I finally finished painting it and it was ready to be put in the kiln. LORDY BE! I can only imagine how long it would have taken me to paint something of a more substantial size like an ice cream bowl or a plate. GEEZ! But it was darn cute. When I get it back in a few weeks, I'll post a picture of it. Now all these girls spent like $20-$40 on their plates and bowls and were all stressed out about their lack of artistic abilities. (Although for the record girls...your projects all looked GREAT!) I on the other hand spent a whoppin SIX BUCKS and my little Aggie coaster was as cute as it could be. Yes, they were a WEE bit jealous! Such is the budget of a pastor's wife. So by the time we finished painting, it was 11:00 p.m. and some of the moms were a bit freaked out b/c they wanted to get home and go to bed or had to go feed their babies but being the party animal and night owl that I am, I suggested that one minivan take home the girls who needed to leave and the others go in the other minivan and finish our girl's night out in style! I mean, come on! How often do we get a night off with free childcare? Let's live it up girls!!! So we went to the Cheesecake Factory 5 minutes before they closed and they were kind enough to let us in. we all ate till we just about popped then sat and talked and laughed till we just about wet our pants and got home at 2 in the morning!!! We had a blast and I can't wait to do it again. One of the husbands told me today at church that when he woke up and saw it was 1:30 a.m. and his wife wasn't home yet, he started to get worried then remembered that the pastor's wife and me (the children's pastor wife) were in the group therefore he knew we couldn't be doing anything TOO wild. Now wait a minute...should I be offended by that statement?



1 comment:

mom2iande said...

That looks fun and right up your alley!!!

I have taken one girls night out to do a scrapbook night at a friend's house and it was a ton of fun and like you, I didn't get home until late and my hubby was all worried about me! I rarely do that...but it helped me get all my disney trip pics scrapbooked and I got to spend time with friends.