Monday, August 18, 2008

1st Day Wrap Up

A picture of Lexi looking in her back pack to see what the back pack fairy brought her.
My big girl all ready for kindergarten, back pack on and cool water bottle (from the back pack fairy) in hand!
My other big girl all ready for pre-k...paci and all!
Today was a great day! Kindergarten got rave reviews. She was all smiles when I picked her up and the first thing she said when she got in the car was "Mommy, that was so fun. I want to go back every day!" Ashton was all smiles too at the end of the school day. Unfortunately, there's no school tomorrow. Tropical Storm Faye! Which cracks me up. When I was a kid, we went to school during tropical storms. (I grew up in the Houston area.) I remember quite a few school bus trips to our neighborhood and the neighborhood was so flooded that the bus couldn't even get in so they would drop us off at the neighborhood entrance and we would roll up our pant legs and walk home in water knee high! Boy how times have changed. But today was a great day for everyone. Even daddy went back to school today! Other than the hour long line at the carpool pick up spot, it was FABULOUS!!!!

5 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

That is hilarious they have canceled school tomorrow! Isn't Florida used to this weather like Houston?? Houston area schools don't close for anything. I remember the one time it iced over and the bus was slipping like crazy on the roads, the power was out at our jr. high yet we still had to go to school!!

I love Lexi's Gap bag...very cute!! Does she have the matching lunch bag??

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

But of course she does! Would you expect anything less?

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about the girls days! Be sure to call Mimi and Papa and give them the scoop! Love you! See you in a little over a month. Yay!

Jess Marie said...

Glad she had a great day. Love the "pack" and the outfits. Too cute.
I loved kindergarten and then I still vividly remember walking into first grade saying, "Where are all the toys." hehehe...

Katy said...

Glad your girls had a good first day of school. Hope the storm treats you kindly!