Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

I am not a fan of the Atlantic coast beaches for some reason. Too murky, too choppy, too crowded, yucky sand. But I needed a tropical fix and we refused to spend $80 bucks on gasoline to drive to St. Pete for the day. So we made the short drive to Melbourne instead. Despite it being too murky, too choppy, too crowded, and having yucky sand we still had a wonderful afternoon. And don't buy Winn Dixie brand sunscreen...if you want to get any sun! That stuff is bullet proof man! We came home just as white as we left.


Cary dug the girls a water hole and I looked over at them and saw them sitting just like this, sunning themselves. I'm not really sure where the learned the art of sun worshipping from....hmmm...

Then Lexi asked to wear my shades so she could look "like a mommy".


And yes, unfortnately, the sand that goes in the swimsuit must come out of the swimsuit...all over my freshly mopped bathroom floor.




3 comments:

AdventurerMom said...

toos funny...i must rememberize to gets the winn dixied sunscreens, cause otherwised we burn, peel then goes back to being reflective...sigh...

Anonymous said...

my favorite photo is the sun worshippers!!!

We took Coppertone spray sunscreen with us and it worked really well. We will be using it again....b/c when you are as white & pale as we are, you better have some kind of something over your skin.

Anonymous said...

Save that Winn Dixie for me, I will use it. I am too old for the SUN, it causes wrinkles.

My little bathing beauties remind me of you. You are all Sun Goddess'

Mom