Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lexi Loves Florida

This week is vacation Bible school week at church and Lexi has had a blast. I think she gets a big kick outta seeing 130 kids laugh at her Daddy on stage. Ofcourse there's plenty to laugh at. We all know he's a natural goofball, the biggest kid there! Tonight his head was painted like a basketball for the "Where's Pastor Cary" skit. Long story and I will SPARE you the details. (Although he did just come into the living room and ask me if I wanted to fool around with "basketball man" before he washes off the paint. To which I responsed "Put on your pajamas baby, cause you're dreamin!" ) Anyways, back to the story...tonight after it was all over, we all flopped our pooped out bodies in the fellowship hall to chow down on the leftover sandwhiches. And out of nowhere came this little angelic voice from my sweet Lexi. She said, "Thank you God for sending us to Florida and thank you that you made us this house to live in. Jesus, I love Florida!" We're not sure where it came from but it sure was sweet, and I know it melted the heart of our Heavenly Father, just as it melted ours. I immediately thought of Matthew 12:34, "Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." I LOVE LOVE LOVE that verse and it's so true. What's in your heart is what comes out of your mouth. This ain't no rocket science! If you have a bitter heart, you will produce negative angry words. If you have a peaceful heart, you will speak loving, gentle words. Now don't ask me to pretend to know why 30 minutes earlier she was hitting her sister and givin' me a tude! But for that split second in our day, her heart was thankful and that made me SMILE!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That's sweet. Although - we wish you were still here. :(

Emma amazes me by the things she says too...

mom2iande said...

I think we need to see pictures of the "basketball head" very soon!!!

what about those Texas Aggies? is she thankful for them???

mom2iande said...

ran into your friends Jack and Emma on here today at Paradise Pond (play area @FBCG). i recognized their mom from one of your parties ;o)