Monday, October 27, 2008

Finally, Some Fall and a Date Night

This was a busy busy weekend with Granny in town. And thankfully some Fall weather has finally arrived! (Although after only 2 nights in the upper 50's, I'm ready for Summer again!) On Friday evening, we attended Ashton's Fall Festival at her school. On Saturday, we started out the day with breakfast at Cracker Barrell. More on that later. Then we went to the pumpkin patch in Celebration and to Seaworld for their "spooktacular" or whatever halloweeny name it had. It wasn't spooky. Very kid friendly. Then on Sunday after church we took the girls to the new indoor bounce house place that just opened in town. Cary picked me up from there and we went on a dinner date while my mom stayed the girls and got them fed, bathed, and put them in bed. YEA Granny! Cary and I had a nice dinner at Benihana's. We wanted to go some place nice that we wouldn't normally get to go for dinner and passing by the hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant on the way to Orlando made me hungry for some Asian cuisine. Cary calls it Benihaha's. Don't ask why. It was yummy. But here we are some 12+ hours later and I can't get that dipping sauce taste out of my mouth. I've brushed twice, used listerine twice, chewed gum...it's still there! One more reason I could never be Asian. But back to the Cracker Barrell story. My mom had bought these beautiful red suade western outfits for the girls for their halloween costumes at a western store near her house. They were SO cute, and about $60 a piece! She had also bought them matching red cowgirl hats. But when they tried them on, they were way too small. Even Lexi's size was too small for Ashton. My mom was just sick. So, we thought we would go to Sheppler's after breakfast on Saturday and see if we could find the girls something cute and westerny. BUT...low and behold...we walked in to Cracker Barrell and there were the two most darling little cowgirl outfits RIGHT THERE at Cracker Barrell, $23! So we snatched them up! But Ashton, who has a mind of her own, says, "I don't wanna be a cowgirl, I A PRINCESS!" So Granny bought her a pink princess costume too! In addition to her cowgirl outfit. I tried to convince her to be a cowgirl princess. I said, "Mommy can put make up on you and fix your hair real pretty and you can wear some big blingy jewelry. You'll look just like a Texas cowgirl!" But she was having no part of it. So it will be interesting to see which costume she ends up in this week. (My money is on the princess dress!) Every morning I have to fight with her about her clothing. I always lay out her school clothes and she wads them up (after all my ironing efforts) and puts them back in her drawer saying, "I don't wanna wear this..." and puts on a dress up dress and says, "I A PRINCESS!" Lord, help me!
It's a good thing she's so cute!







3 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging! I didn't know what happened. I mean, you didn't post anything for a whole weekend!!!

circus of love said...

I was missing you, bloggity buddy!
My Chen is right there with you on the whole princess thing. She is constantly changing from dressup to dressup but always a princess waiting for her husband!!! And when she doesn't like what I pick out for her to where she says, "It's not puh-rfect, Mommy!" We are all for high standards around here...but PERFECTION when it comes to clothes is definitely not us! I should send her to your house so she could wear ironed clotes! Hee,hee!

Anonymous said...

That is great about the outfits! They are so cute!

Don't worry our second child does the same thing! She drives us nuts with that stuff...I get two outfits out and tell her to pick one!!!!!!