Sunday, March 9, 2008

And I Cried (Joyfully)...

Today was the big day!!!! We finally got our keys to our new house. Can you feel the earth trembling as I do a gargantuan happy dance? I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep because I was SO stressed out about the move and dreading all the hard work ahead...I'M KIDDING! KIDDING KIDDING KIDDING!!! There is no stress here, just total anxiety. The good kind. No, actually I couldn't sleep because I was so excited and anxious and well, confession, I told you birth control pills make me loopy. I don't sleep well when I'm on the pill, but pile a big exciting move on top of that, and well, you get a woman who appears to have an espresso IV hooked up to her at all times. I can't eat. I can't sleep. I'm about ready to pop with excitement. So do you get the picture? I'm just a little excited. But today, Cary and the girls went to pick up a trailer loaned to us for the week from some VERY nice and helpful friends. And I stayed behind to mop the floors in my brand new house. Does this surprise you? I used a half gallon of bleach. And wowsers, it took me an hour and a half to mop that bad boy! I'm sore! Did I mention I could park my current kitchen into my brand new master bathroom??? Beautiful floors... A whippin to clean! But a workout nonetheless. I'm thinkin' that counts as an hour and a half of cardio my friends so bring on the milkshake! (No, really, Cary is making me a milkshake RIGHT NOW! It's like a milkshake buffet, the blender is overflowing!) He's so dreamy. But while I was alone in my new home, making sweet love to the clean bleached floors, listening to the smoke detectors chirp for new batteries (and it was music to my ears), I just had me a cryin' moment. I did! Tears of joy, I tell you! Sweet Jesus, tears of joy! One of those good, deep, hard, from the belly cries. The pictures don't do that place justice. You'll see, all you locals and tourists, I mean friends who visit DisneyWorld. It's gorgeous. And I can't get over the fact that I get to live there! And bathe there. And mop there! Well, I shouldn't be surprised. I AM, after all, the daughter of a king. Not just any king...THE king! Which I do believe makes me a royal heir. And every princess needs her castle! Can I get an "Amen"?

Oh and here are some funny things Lexi said today at our new house. I'm not makin' these up!
1. Look, Mom, everything works!
2. (In reference to the bathtub) Can we go swimming in that pool later?
3. (There's a park about a block away) Can we go to the park now? (5 min later) Can we go to the park now? (5 min later) Can we go to the park now? (5 min later) Can we go to the park now? etc etc etc...

Alright, well, Cary just informed me that there is Cappuccino in the milkshake. Just what I needed.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats! I'm coming to see it next week! I'm invited, right?

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of you all settle in your new Castle! Maybe you can drink your milkshake by Lexi's new "pool". Put some lawn chairs in the new bathroom and there you go.

Anonymous said...

That is great! I like Lexi's first comment. Funny girl!

Katy said...

Congratulations! You'll have to post more pics after you move in!

circus of love said...

I have to say mopping is one of my favorite things...it is so therapeutic (I should know how to spell that!) So excited for you and your new home. Trying not to be jealous...living in an old home where you can't shower and flush or shower and do dishes at the same time.

BTW...I have a new blog address...
http://circusoflove.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

"Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things,..."
Happy for you and your family.
Another Aggie Mom

Mel :-) said...

Sounds wonderful!! I know you are going to love it!! Cute comments by Lexi!! :-)