Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm Alive!

I think the last 10 days has been the longest I've gone without blogging! It's not been due to a lack of words. Or a lack of time. Or a lack of bloggity topics that really are REAL LIFE in this house. I couldn't make this stuff up, trust me! I guess it's been mostly due to a lack of motivation. There's so much on my mind and on my heart these days, none of which I can share on a public forum! One of my favorite speakers at the conference said, "Everyone's entitled to their opinions. You're just not always entitled to SHARE your opinions!" So true! I have lots of opinions lately. But it's not the time or the place to share them. Ministry life is brutiful! What can I say?

On another note, my favorite subject...the girls, my beautiful, precious, sweet girls...THANK GOD for the girls. If it weren't for them, I'm not sure I would have wanted to get out of bed lately! Lexi continues to blow us away with all she's learning in school. Tonight, she read me a book! Like a REAL book. Not a 4 pager that her teacher sent home. A REAL book. I can't get over how far she's come in such a few short months. This whole public school thing...I HIGHLY recommend it! It has truly been the best thing for Lexi and we couldn't be having a better experience. Although I'd be lying if I said I weren't already praying for next year's most awesome teacher, who already has big shoes to fill! Mrs. F will be hard to top! And I'm secretly praying Mrs. F doesn't retire before Ashton gets to kindergarten!

The girls both have birthdays coming up. I had big party plans, as usual, and then Lexi informed me that she really just wants her 2 best buds from school (who are both precious girls from awesome families) to have a slumber party with her for her birthday. Two phone calls later, the slumber party was set! And I thought of the red, Staples button..."That was easy"! I think I'm just going to do a simple play day at the park with pizza and cupcakes for Ashton's birthday on her actual birthday which falls on a Thursday. Don't you love it as a parent when someone gives their child's party on a non-weekend day? I don't know about you, but our weekends are insanely busy. Ashton just wants her best bud from school, "Bibell" (Isabel), to come to her house for her birthday. So hopefully Isabel will make it to the park! She loves her "Bibell"! When these girls were tiny, I busted my chops to make sure they had the biggest and the grandest birthdays with off the charts creativity. Now that they're getting older and can actually voice their opinions, I'm learning less is more (for them anyways). I still like things over the top myself!

I can't believe it's already March! Where is this year going to already???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I agree with ya- less is more!! I stressed big time about Jacob's birthday party this year- NO more will I do that!!
Rach

Stephanie said...

Less is more? Really? Maybe you'll have me eat my words in a few years but this entire week Stephen and I both have been burning the midnight oil for Caleb's party tomorrow. The funny thing is last year he wanted a Thomas party and this year...he wanted a Thomas party. So if we would have kept everything from last year we would have had it half done. So we've been recreating and then adding tons of ideas. I'll blog about it next week but here's a sneak peek: Stephen has train sounds to play at the front door where guests will be greeted by a Sir Topham Hatt poster I traced and painted, ugh. We made train signs too.

I can't imagine a simple party. But if I did simple, maybe we'd have some clean clothes to wear and clean dishes in the cabinets :)

Anonymous said...

I wondered where you have been ;o) It is birthday time....can't believe it already!!!! Kristi

Lorrikg said...

I am sure the girls will have awesome birthdays, you are a great mom. I am glad you are back blogging I missed my Aggie fix.