Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Raise your hand if...

you haven't bought one single Christmas present yet? Oh, just me? Wow, you people are really on the ball. I truly have not had one spare second for shopping, be it online or in a store! What have I been doing that is keeping me so busy, you ask? Well, how bout I tell you what I HAVEN'T been doing? I haven't been sending out Christmas cards or decorating my house for Christmas or taking the girls in for their annual Christmas pictures or baking holiday yummies, oh wait, I wouldn't be doing that anyways because I DON'T BAKE, I haven't been making reindeer food for the girls' classmates, I haven't been taking poinsettias to the neighbors, I haven't been watching holiday movies with the kids. SO WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING HEATHER? I've been working, non stop working! Around the clock. Till 2 in the morning. I have SO MUCH work to do. I'm not complaining. I have a job! Therefore I have income! Therefore we are blessed. But my work has been consuming me lately and I'm rarely even in the office. I work from home mostly. Other than work, not much has been happening around here. I have the holiday blues. Found out yesterday that a guy I went to school with passed away this week. Seems like someone I know always kicks the bucket around Christmas!

Ashton went to the dr today. After 5 weeks, she still has "the crud". I went to a new doctor today. I really liked her a lot. And she's MUCH closer to home. She didn't even prescribe antibiotics. I REALLY like her! Even though Ashton has dark green snot all day long and had gunk oozing out of her eyes this morning and her cough sounds awful, she still didn't give me antibiotics. I REALLY like her! I really don't like antibiotics. She did give her a steroid for the cough, but said she just has a lingering virus. Her lungs were clear. Her ears were infection free. She called everyone on staff in the examining room to see Ashton b/c she couldn't get over the fact that she had congenital CMV. She was so amazed at how perfectly normal she is. She kept saying, "Do you have any idea what a miracle this child is?" Yes, I know! She is certainly a miracle! She did her residency in the NICU at Arnold Palmer and said she saw many a CMV case and she couldn't get over how tragic they were. So I guess that's why she was so fascinated with Ashton. Just another opportunity for me to testify to the power of our amazing God, the Great Physician!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow- that is so cool about the doctor. Yes, she is a miracle. Hope things get better soon.

Anonymous said...

oops that was me- Rhonda

Unknown said...

who is this doctor???
Carrie