Sunday, December 14, 2008

Amazon.com...

is my new best friend! I went to Toys R Us today with the kids just to see what kinds of things they gravitated towards, what caught their eye, with the plan to come back this week without them to do some shopping. When I got home, I got on Amazon.com to order an Abbey (Sesame Street) doll b/c Toys R Us didn't carry them and WOW, I couldn't believe the price differences on the same toys we saw at Toys R Us. That Fisher Price Smart Cycle, the girls had a ball on that thing! It was $79.99 at Toys R Us and $59.99 on Amazon.com. The Inch Worm ride on toy was $69.99 at Toys R Us and $49.99 on Amazon. Those are HUGE savings and anything over $50 is free shipping on Amazon. You do have to make sure the price you're seeing on Amazon is for a "new" item rather than a "used" item, but I couldn't get over the price differences. Even some of the cheaper toys that were $11 and $12 at Toys R Us were like $8-9 on Amazon. Incredible savings!!! I don't think I'll be going back to Toys R Us this week after all!

That's my public service announcement y'all!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I was looking at that inch worm toy for sarah- i will have to check out amazon!

Stephanie said...

Really? Man, I already finished my shopping....I thought the early bird caught the worm. Not this time.

Mel :-) said...

YES!! We do a lot of shopping on Amazon! We are able to find all kinds of things that we can't find in stores. I get books on there also, usually used, for CHEAP! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post...I knew about Amazon, but didn't know THIS about Amazon!!!