Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Pink Eyed Monster

Well, pink eye strikes again. I had NEVER EVER EVER had pink eye in my whole life until I had kids. What's up with that? It goes through our household at least once a year. I think this is our 2nd or 3rd bout this year. Lexi went to the disco party Friday night. When I picked her up, the mom told me that she and another little girl had bumped heads and Lexi got hit right in the eye so she had given her an ice pack. When we got home, the eye looked fine so I really didn't think much of it. In the middle of the night, Lexi came running to our room screaming b/c she couldn't open her eye. I turned on the bathroom light to look at it and it had all that crusty ooze coming out and it was matted shut. It was the same eye she had gotten hit in. I don't know if that was just coincidence or if during the irritation of getting hit she kept rubbing it and maybe spread something from her hands to her eye??? Help me out here, I'm not a dr! I just know that before she went to the party, her eye was fine. But then again pink eye comes up quickly and with no warnings. Fortunately, I had a whole bottle of drops from our last pink eye bout which was just about 3 months ago. So we've been doctoring her and germ exing our hands like crazy around here so it won't spread throughout the house. Pink eye is like the most contagious thing on the face of the earth! This morning, Cary is going to go do kidzchurch while I keep the girls at home. Then I'm going to hand them off to him while I go teach Sunday School to keep them out of the nursery. Ashton started coughing again. She just got rid of that cough about a week and a half ago and now it's starting all over again. I just LOVE this time of year!!! I think we're going to have to double up on the Flinstone's for the next few weeks!

No comments: